Introduction and certification of an Information Security Management System according to ISO 27001
The ISO 21001 certification sends a strong signal for the protection of data, information and systems. With an Information Security Management System that is certified according to ISO 27001 you show your business partners and clients that information security represents a high value in your company. Get to know our checklist for a successful ISO 27001 certification.
What is an ISO 27001 certification?
The ISO 27001 certification is a standardised process that confirms the compliance with the globally recognised standard for information security with a certificate. Companies that meet the requirements of introducing and operating an Information Security Management System (ISMS) can get a certification within the framework of the test procedure. With an ISO 27001 certification the security of the information assets is guaranteed and demonstrated outwards. Thereby, business partners and clients receive trustworthy evidence that a company maintains a safe and secure handling of sensitive data. You get the needed support from an Information Security Officer.
Requirements for an ISO 27001 certification
The ISO 27001 can be integrated into every company regardless of its size or industry. A central condition is the introduction of an Information Security Management System. On a practical level and for a successful implementation of an ISO 27001 certification, a company must for example raise its awareness for information security and integrate this into the corporate culture. Receive more information about the requirements and the content of an ISO 27001 certification in an initial personal meeting.
The advantages of a certification in accordance with ISO 27001
You benefit in a number of ways from an ISO 27001 certification:
- Identifying threats and minimizing risks: With an ISO 27001 certification, you can identify any threats to the information security and minimize IT risks at an early stage.
- Protecting systems: Your company minimizes effects of attacks by hackers, data misuse, or data loss. If worst comes to worst, you are well prepared: possible data leaks are detected and repaired immediately.
- Permanently safe: Frequent surveillance audits analyze the current state of your certified Information Security Management System and recognize possible chances for optimization and adjustments. This ensures long-lasting safety.
- Lived corporate culture: The IT security is lived as a corporate culture by the ISO 27001 standard. With an ISO 27001 certification auditor, we take a holistic view of your company: this involves all employees at all levels. In this way, you also promote your employees’ awareness of information security.
- Trustful business relationships: Show your business partners and clients that you adhere to recognized standards and maintain a conscientious handling with confidential data. Hence, you use the ISO 27001 standard as an additional argument to business partners and clients to work with you trustfully.
- Competitiveness: Your company remains competitive. With the internationally renowned label, you document your quality standards outwards and stand out from the competition.
- Compliance: In order to achieve compliance, the ISO 27001 certification follows a practical approach. The goal is to avoid breaches in the context of information security.
Show your business partners and clients that information security represents a high value in your company and get your Information Security Management System certified according to ISO 27001. We support you throughout the entire process of the ISO 27001 certification.
Putting our ISO 27001 certification into practice
We offer our services in form of a package and carry out your certification project with prepared work packages according to a set schedule so that your Information Security Management System receives a quick ISO 27001 certification. Our ISO 27001 checklist leads you target-oriented and systematic to a successful certification. You can transparently track and trace all the steps along the way. With our practice-oriented catalogue of measures for your ISO 27001 certification, we support you and prepare your questions for you in an understandable way. Get to know us in an initial meeting.
The procedure of our ISO 27001 certification: checklist
- Actual-state: We want to get to know your company. We get ourselves a first overview of your Information Security Management System. We identify, review, and evaluate your existing information security processes, IT requirements, and your IT structure.
- Analysis: Based on the current-state, we then analyze your status quo. Together we define the scope of the certification and show you the tasks and certification requirements according to the standardized ISO 27001 definition.
- Ensure conformity to standards: The preparations for the ISO 27001 certification are in full progress at this stage. In the next step, we create the procedure and process descriptions. Templates are being adapted to your company and made available to you. Together we define the areas of responsibility and train the staff involved. Your Information Security Management System is being established and documented compliant with standards according to ISO 27001.
- ISO 27001 certification: We will support you during the entire certification process. A successful certification ends with the receipt of the ISO 27001 certification.
After a successful certification: surveillance audits and recertification
Your ISO 27001 certified Information Security Management System is constantly undergoing new adaptations and optimisations. Due to the constantly changing security situation in the handling of confidential data, the ISO 27001 certificate requires several surveillance audits. With successful surveillance audits you deliver again additional certified verification that your company meets the requirements of the information security. The first surveillance audit takes place no later than 12 months after the initial certification. The second surveillance audit follows 12 months after the first surveillance audit. Another 12 months later you can request a recertification. Following a successful recertification, the three year cycle starts from the beginning.
Costs: what does ISO 27001 certification cost?
The expected costs for ISO 27001 certification cannot be estimated as a lump sum. In general they depend on different criteria:
- The industry
- The size of your company
- The number of employees that work in your company
- The number of company sites
- The amount of funding
- A possibly existing documentation
- A possibly existing ISO 27001 certification
We are happy to offer you an initial meeting where we can get to know each other and make you an offer for an ISO 27001 certification – in accordance with your own individual requirements. Make an appointment for our first meeting now.
A secure future with ISO 27001
The ISO 27001 standard is a valid International Standard on which base we consult our clients and plan and implement the Information Security Management System. An Information Security Management System with the ISO 27001 standard is an investment in a safe future. Get an overview of the process and get to know us in an initial meeting. Would you like to find out more about or data protection certification in accordance with ISO 27001? Or are you interested in a TISAX Certification instead of an ISO 27001 certification? Our team will provide you with more information. We are looking forward to our first meeting with you.
Case study: TISAX certification
Backless is carefree, that is the motto under which Stigler & Roos carries out successful customer events for the automotive industry. The use of modern IT systems and digital technology is a matter of course. This is also the reason why Stigler & Roos GmbH was one of the first companies in the event industry to be certified according to the TISAX standard. Memex convinced with a practical implementation concept.